Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Born Again

Chances are, you've heard that term before. Either from a family member, a friend, or the media.

I got to watch a film a few days ago about a woman who was raised in an evangelical upbringing, and how she was able to leave Christianity and finally be able to be true to herself, instead of living a lie.

Here's the film for your viewing pleasure.

http://video.aol.com/video/born-again/2147942

It got me thinking about how many gay and lesbian kids and teens are kicked out of their homes by their parents. How they are pressured to change their sexual attraction, harassed, and tormented. They hear the most horrible things while at school, bullied, threatened. And people seem to think this is okay. When someone wants to stop the bullying, the religious cry "Gay Agenda!!" which makes me think, how is wanting to protect the children, pushing a "gay" agenda?

This is the reason why so many of them commit suicide. Homosexuality in itself, does not lead to Suicide. It's parents that treat their gay child like shit, and than kick them out if they don't change. I'd feel pretty depressed to if my parents ever tried that on me. I got lucky, many are not.
I don't see how that is supposed to be "Christian love." I find it to be vile and disgusting. No loving parent would kick their own child out of the house because of the kids sexual attraction. Nor would that loving parent allow their child to be bullied.

No comments: